Job Title: Inventory Clerk
Department: Parts & Supplies
Office Name: Port Miami
Address: 1630 Port Boulevard
Postal Code: 33132
In this position, the employee is responsible for the inventory of company fleet vehicle parts, tools and equipment. The employee reconciles shipment received, enters inventory into the company’s database, fills inventory orders, and maintains parts. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note applicants out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered.
- One (1) year of experience in receiving, preferably within a warehouse environment.
- Working knowledge of a computerized inventory control system.
- Basic to intermediate communication skills in English and Spanish (read, write, and speak).
- A valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to obtain internal forklift certification within 90 days of employment.
- Ability to enter information in both hand held and desktop computers.
- Ability to accurately process alpha/numeric information.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, attention to detail, and strong initiative.
- Ability to think logically, follow procedures, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, vendors and fellow employees.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends, and/or holidays, as needed.
- Must have or be able to obtain a TWIC card within 30 days of employment.
- Forklift experience.
- Experience with parts and/or inventory management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives, stores, and issues spare, and replacement parts, equipment, and expendable items used in repair or maintenance shops.
- Accounts for all inventory of parts and equipment and maintains inventory records. All inventory functions are tracked through the company’s database, a hand-held device weighing less than 5 pounds.
- Retrieves inventory items from the warehouse, packs on a pallet, and wraps items together with cellophane for shipment.
- Drives the truck or forklift to pick up incoming stock or to deliver parts to units in other buildings, containers, or locations.
- Attends to employees at the counter with order requests for spare and replacement parts, equipment, and expendable items, whom may communicate in English and/or Spanish.
- Perform daily cycle counts of all inventory locations.
- Drive to various locations to pick up and deliver parts and supplies.
- Protect all parts and equipment and keep truck with a neat and professional appearance.
- Be accurate and timely with collecting packing slips, receipts, paper work.
- Must maintain a clean work area, free of debris or safety hazards.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- The employee is continuously required to talk, hear, stand and walk.
- The employee is continuously required to reach forward, grasp and carry up to 10lbs.
- The employee must continuously use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach forward with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 10lbs, carry up to 30lbs, and push/pull up to 20lbs
- The employee is occasionally required to lift, carry and push/pull up to 50lbs.The employee is frequently required to climb, forward bend, twist, use repetitive wrist motion, eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, squat, kneel, reach overhead, pinch, use repetitive foot motion and eye-hand-foot coordination.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear appropriate PPE as instructed by supervisor
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Awareness of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives direct supervision from the Inventory Supervisor; does not exercise supervision over any position.
- Outdoor exposure to changing weather
- Exposure to dust and/or fumes
- Exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity
- Drive automated vehicle, low to moderate vibration
- Noise level in work environment is usually at a low to moderate level
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.