Job Title: Clerical Assistant/Receptionist
Department: Administrative Support
Office Name: Main - Corporate
Address: 8001 NW 79th Ave
Postal Code: 33166
This position involves the responsibility of answering all incoming phone calls to the office and directing them to the proper station in a courteous, accurate and expeditious manner. Additionally, this position is responsible for the access control of employees and visitors to the Seaboard Marine corporate office. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note applications out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered.
- One (1) year of experience as a receptionist or handling high volume of calls.
- Ability to communicate in a business environment in English and Spanish (verbal and written).
- Basic level of PC skills such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Pleasant and professional disposition and tone of voice.
- Prompt arrival and regular attendance at work.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills; team-player. Ability to meet and deal effectively with the customers, executives and the general public.
- Strong time management and organizational skills. Must be able to prioritize and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, multitask and possess strong initiative.
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays and/or weekends, as needed.
- Intermediate level of PC skills such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers telephone and routes calls in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner. Does not leave callers on hold or unattended for too long.
- Requests proper identification of visitors as a means of insuring the security of employees when visitors enter the building.
- Greets visitors and notifies employee through the EasyLobby system.
- Hands the visitor a pass in order to enter the building, thus making sure the visitor is identifiable as such within the building.
- Assist departments with administrative and clerical duties.
- Notifies Human Resources in a prompt fashion when disruptive or problematic visitors arrive so that the
situation may be contained and solved.
- Notifies Human Resources promptly when there are any issues with the phone system or computer system to include the software (EasyLobby).
- Perform additional related duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to use their fingers.
- The employee is continuously required to talk and/or hear.
- The employee is continuously required to sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- The employee may occasionally stand for extended periods.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear protective PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as instructed or necessary
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Reports directly to the Human Resources Manager and indirectly to the Director of Human Resources. Does not exercise supervision over any position.
- Indoors office, controlled temperature environment. However, the front door may continuously open to allow guests to enter the building.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually busy due to incoming phone calls and the front desk visitors.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.