Job Title: Technical Accounting Manager
Office Name: Main - Corporate
Address: 8001 NW 79th Ave
Postal Code: 33166
This position is responsible for providing technical accounting support on various transactions, maintaining the Division and Corporate Accounting Policies, and implementing new accounting standards. The ideal candidate must have a strong technical accounting background, be comfortable with navigating through various business contracts and various business scenarios, have outstanding communication and writing skills, be attentive to details, and be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. The candidate will develop strong working relationships across the organization with various levels of management. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applications out of the geographic region for this position will not be considered.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in active and good standing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- A minimum of four (4) years related work experience in a large global accounting firm within the assurance/audit practice. Experience ideally gained through increasingly responsible positions.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements, including implementation of new accounting standards and updates to Accounting Policies
- Extensive experience in ASC 842
- Extensive experience in performing technical accounting research and presenting findings to management
- Extensive experience in resolving technical accounting issues
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities within tight timelines
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills – including developing presentations
- Advanced proficiency level of (i.e., fluent in) English both oral and written.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Word, Excel & Outlook required
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities
- Strong work ethic
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to technically examine business contracts and business scenarios
- Ability to examine and verify financial documents and reports.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment within established systems and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends, and/or holidays as needed.
- Some overseas travel may be required
- Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Sarbanes-Oxley experience
- IFRS experience
- Recent experience in the transportation industry
- Conversational or intermediate level of Spanish proficiency
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all technical accounting.
- Plans and implements new procedures and changes in the accounting system, as well as implementing requirements of new and existing accounting literature from the FASB as appropriate.
- Ensure that all quarterly reporting deadlines to our corporate office are met.
- Interact with external and internal auditors
- Responsible for ensuring timely closing of the company’s books according to established timelines as it relates to functions in their area.
- Monitor established internal controls to ensure proper compliance.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned.
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear protective PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as instructed or necessary
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use his fingers.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Reports directly to the VP of Accounting and Finance, Controller, and also receives direction from the Director of Accounting and the Director of Finance. Exercises direct supervision over personnel.
- Indoors office. Exposed to controlled temperature and office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.