Job Title: Tire Technician (Gomero)
Department: Tire Maintenance & Repair
Office Name: Port Miami
Address: 1630 Port Boulevard
Postal Code: 33132
This position is responsible for mounting, dismounting and repairing tires. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note applications out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered.
- Possess at least one (1) year of prior experience changing and repairing tires.
- Possess general knowledge of basic mechanical concepts and processes.
- Ability to use required equipment to perform job duties.
- Ability to read, interpret instructions, readings, gages, etc.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, think logically, follow procedures and instructions.
- Must be able to work extended hours, holidays, and/or weekends as needed.
- Must have or be able to obtain a TWIC card within 30 days of employment.
- Possess prior commercial vehicle tire changing and repair experience.
- Subjection to physical and/or DOT Screening may be required along with other tests as applicable.
- The employee is continuously required to sit (while driving), grasp and exercise eye-hand coordination and eye-hand-foot coordination.
- The employee is frequently required to reach forward, exercise repetitive foot and wrist motion and finger dexterity.
- The employee is frequently required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, bend forward, squat, twist, pinch, and reach overhead.
- The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push and pull up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for properly mounting, dismounting and repairing commercial tires.
- Inflates all tires to specific air pressure
- Prepares paperwork of chassis and trailers requiring additional repair
- Keeps area clean and well-swept
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Report safety hazards.
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage.
- Wear appropriate PPE as instructed by immediate supervisor.
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules.
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation.
- Participate in safety meetings and training.
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Position receives direct supervision from the Tire Shop Foreman and does not exercise supervision over any other position.
- Work is performed primarily in the shop/outdoors; exposed to changing weather (temperature & humidity) and outdoor environments, during day and night shifts.
- The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to dust, fumes, and airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- May be required to work on holidays and weekends as necessary.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.