Job Title: Traffic Coordinator
Department: North Central America
Office Name: Main - Corporate
Address: 8001 NW 79th Ave
Postal Code: 33166
Provides guidance to customers and general information pertaining to requirements for exports to the countries we service. Individual provides ocean traffic coordination for less than container loads (LTL) cargo and full container load (FCL) with the assistance of the Warehouse, Port Operations and Receiving. Individual receives telephone calls from customers in order to book/coordinate the movement of cargo on the company’s vessels for exportation to countries of service assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note applications out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered.
• Possess (3) years of experience in the shipping industry (traffic, customer service and/or rating)
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Basic computer skills in MS Outlook.
• Ability to communicate (read and write) effectively in a business environment in both, English and Spanish.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries regarding the areas and/or countries s/he works with.
• Ability to think logically and follow procedures and instructions.
• Ability to deal effectively with public. Well-developed interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and other individuals s/he may have to contact in order to perform her/his job.
• Ability to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Make bookings.
• Receive dock receipts for units less than container load cargo in the system.
• Match documents with Dock Receipt (D/R) and releasing cargo.
• Call customers to make sure cargo is ready to be loaded on board vessel.
• Request from customer documentation (Bill of Lading & Shipper’s Export Declaration – SED)
• Ensure that all documentation is received timely as required by governmental agencies.
• Inform customers if documentation has errors.
• Receive, research and respond to customer inquiries and requests promptly and efficiently; offer customer alternatives to unresolved problems.
• Have complete knowledge of company’s services and aspects of department.
• Attend to high volume incoming phone calls, extensive follow-up and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Print the final proof of documentation.
• Create files with Dock Receipt (D/R), Trailer Interchange Receipt (TIR), Bills of Lading (BL) and Shipper Export Declarations (SED) and provide to Data Entry Clerk for system entry.
• Close all vessels within the time frame provided by Customs.
• Duplication of high volume of documents.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
· Report safety hazards.
· Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage.
· Wear protective PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as instructed or necessary.
· Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules.
· Refuse any unsafe task or operation.
· Participate in safety meetings and training.
· Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use his fingers.
• The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear.
• The employee is continuously required to sit.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives direct supervision from the Division Manager and indirect supervision from Division VP. Does not exercise supervision over any other position.
• Indoors office. Exposed to controlled temperature and office environment.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually busy (many phones in open cubicles).
· The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
· The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.