Job Title: Administrative Assistant (DOT Compliance)
Department: Compl-Driver Compliance Div
Office Name: Port Miami
Address: 1630 Port Boulevard
Postal Code: 33132
Process and maintain all owner operators’ records current and in compliance with federal and state regulations. Process owner operators’ payroll for local, over-the-road and Houston Owner Operators. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note applicants out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered.
- One (1) year prior experience working with data entry or as an Administrative Assistant in a fast-paced office environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must possess intermediate computer skills in programs such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills in Spanish
- Thorough knowledge of business English, including proper grammar to include spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to type accurately at a minimum of 30 WPM
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to communicate (read and write) effectively in a business environment.
- Ability to prepare a variety of reports.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to Analyze, define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment within established systems and procedures.
- Ability to think logically and follow procedures and instructions.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and strong initiative.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Must have or be able to obtain a TWIC card within 30 days of employment.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations.
- Experience and knowledge with the AS400 a plus
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process owner operators’ payroll for all local, over-the-road and Houston area drivers, which involves frequent communication with owner operators to verify of trips, rates changes, mileage and corresponding TIRs. Making necessary copies and forwarding to Accounting Department, File accordingly.
- Maintain all records to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations (includes driver daily log, maintenance log, inspection reports, accident records, etc.).
- Communicates frequently verbally and in writing with non-English speaking owner operators to communicate regarding (upcoming license expirations, DOT Physical expirations, trainings, payroll inquiries, Sunpass violations and send written mass notifications via electronic tablet etc.).
- Prepare and maintain records of all driver citations and DOT inspections.
- Prepare and submit waiting time report.
- Prepare Miss Trip report.
- Prepare and submit off-duty report indicating the owner operators’ name, date off-duty and reason, etc.
- Process all owner operators’ fines and warnings. Follow-up to ensure timely and accurate resolution.
- Maintain log of owner operators Port ID’s. Issue reminders and notify port authority of Port ID renewals and terminations.
- Research and respond to all owner operators’ payroll question(s).
- File all documents accordingly. Trans file periodically and maintain trans-file log (excel spreadsheet) as practical reference.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use his/her fingers.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear.
- The employee is continuously required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Report safety hazards.
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage.
- Wear appropriate PPE as instructed by immediate supervisor.
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules.
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation.
- Participate in safety meetings and training.
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives direct supervision from the Compliance Manager and indirectly to the Director of Compliance. Does not exercise supervision over any position.
- Work is performed primarily in office, occasionally in vehicle; exposed to changing weather (temperature & humidity) and outdoor environments.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to dust, fumes, and airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee will occasionally drive automotive equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually busy due to open areas and telephones and employees that approach the department.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.