Job Title: Intermodal Clerical Assistant (Temporary)
Department: General Office
Office Name: Main - Corporate
Address: 8001 NW 79th Ave
Postal Code: 33166
This position is responsible for providing support in the performance of various clerical duties for the department assigned to. Assignments should be carried out under close direct supervision. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note applications out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered.
- Must be able to accurately type 40 wpm.
- Basic computer skills in programs such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Intermediate communication skills in English (verbal and written).
- Time management and organizational skills. Must be able to prioritize, multi-task and be detail-oriented
- Ability to deal effectively with public and people in general.
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions.
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays, and/or weekends as needed.
- Office and/or clerical experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the department assigned in a variety of clerical functions as well as on special projects.
- Provide ongoing support to the department assigned
- Tend to customer requests from respective departments.
- Assists in maintaining and organizing the department’s assets.
- Performs data entry of documents as per supervisor’s instructions.
- Assists the department in sorting and distributing mail, material or boxes as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use his/her fingers.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear.
- The employee is continuously required to sit or stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear protective PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as instructed or necessary
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Reports directly to the Division Manager; provides assistance to other department personnel in the performance of clerical duties. Does not exercise supervision over any position.
- Indoors office, controlled temperature environment.
- Possibility of occasional work near moving mechanical parts
- The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to moderate or high depending on the department assigned.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.