Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Department: Human Resources
Office Name: Port Miami
Address: 1630 Port Boulevard
Postal Code: 33132
This position is responsible for coordinating a variety of HR functions with an emphasis in payroll, benefits and recruitment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note applicants out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered.
- Two (2) years of recent experience working with HR, payroll, or one (1) year of experience and a bachelor’s degree in HR or a related field.
- Demonstrated progressive responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive employee relations and partner with management to drive HR and Business initiatives
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in programs such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook. (Able to learn and work with if statements, vlookups, conditional formatting, and pivot tables)
- Intermediate to advanced written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing at different levels throughout the organization and with exterior organizations, candidates, etc.
- Possess organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and be detail oriented
- Possess high energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, multitask and possess strong initiative
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, vendors and fellow employees
- Ability to think logically, establish and follow procedures, instructions and make sound decisions
- Ability to exercise independent judgment within established systems and procedures
- Ability to work a extended hours, holidays, and/or weekends as needed
- Experience processing payroll through ADP system.
- Bachelor’s Degree or currently pursuing degree in HR Management or current SHRM Certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM- SCP).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the processing of bi-weekly payroll activities such as; compile timesheets, complete check off lists, finalize the weekly and bi-weekly payroll folder by ensuring that all signatures were obtained and support documents included, audit payroll files, check bi-weekly payroll compact disk reports received from ADP, label and file accordingly.
- Responsible for reviewing disciplinary activity and for tracking employee relations metrics such as turnover, complaints, discipline, etc.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation and conducts exit interviews
- Assists employees with health and wellness benefits program which includes health, dental, short- and long-term disability, and 401k plan.
- Attend to departmental visitors, handle PTO-related requests (i.e. stamp PTO form, return employee and supervisor copy to employee, file accordingly).
- Complete verification of employment requests.
- Manage employee personnel records (file all documents, create and update e-files and pull files as needed).
- Prepare compensation histories for employees as needed.
- Assists Managers with the recruitment process for the Port of Miami location.
- Stay abreast of and changes in applicable employment laws.
- Assist and support HR and upper management to ensure that policy is applied consistently.
- Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action.
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing, organizing information, resolving concerns; analyzing time and cost issues.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and to show labor costs and employee productivity trends.
- Cross train and serve as back up for Receptionist.
- May assist and/or administer leave management.
- Assist coordinating company events.
- Perform other additional duties as assigned
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use his/her fingers
- The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear
- The employee is interchangeably required to sit, stand and walk
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Ability to communicate (read and write) effectively in a business environment
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear protective PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as instructed or necessary
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Reports directly to the HR Supervisor, and indirectly to the HR Manager at Port Miami. This position does not exercise supervision over any position.
- Indoors office, controlled temperature environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate due to telephones and employees that approach the department.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.