Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: General Office
Office Name: Main - Corporate
Address: 8001 NW 79th Ave
Postal Code: 33166
This position is responsible for performing administrative functions that provide support to the Human Resources Department. Will also aid other departments as assigned with general office functions. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note applications out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered.
- One (1) year minimum experience working as an Administrative Assistant in a fast paced office environment.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and/or basic accounting.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish). Thorough knowledge of business English and Spanish, including proper spelling and punctuation.
- Intermediate skills in programs such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience in Power Point systems are a plus.
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with the customers, executives and the general public. Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management skills. Must be able to prioritize.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Skill in composition and preparation of correspondence, reports, minutes and other written materials with accuracy and reasonable speed.
- Ability to perform and prioritize a variety of administrative assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays, and/or weekends as needed.
- Some college education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs timekeeping/payroll functions within ADP.
- Assists with investigations by interviewing personnel, reviewing surveillance videos and timekeeping reports.
- Assist with the coordination of company events (e.g. health fairs, creating flyers, etc.).
- Prepares reports requested by the department manager, where information may be obtained from a variety of sources.
- Creates and maintains departmental e-filing system.
- Type letters and memoranda with supervisor’s guidance. Proofreads documents for grammar edits, obtains necessary signatures and routes appropriately.
- Receives and screens all office visitors for department management.
- Provide coverage in other departments, including reception, as needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use his/her fingers.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear.
- The employee is continuously required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear protective PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as instructed or necessary
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Reports directly to the Regional HR Manager and indirectly to Director of HR. May provide assistance to other employees within the department in the performance of clerical duties. Does not exercise supervision over any position.
- Indoors office, controlled temperature environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually busy due to open areas and telephones.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change