Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk (Temporary)
Office Name: Main - Corporate
Address: 8001 NW 79th Ave
Postal Code: 33166
POSITION SUMMARY: Position entails system entering of A/P invoices and accurate record keeping of accounting files for the company. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note applicants out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered.
- Data entry experience.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak basic English.
- Basic Computer skills (MS Outlook & Excel).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to type 30 WPM
- Must be able to accurately process alpha/numeric information.
- Possess strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate (read and write) effectively, professionally and friendly in a business environment.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors and fellow employees.
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays and/or weekends as necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enter A/P invoices in the AS400 system for payment – for all companies.
- Enter manual payments (wire transfers) in the JDE system
- File A/P vouchers (all companies) as needed
- Prepares truckers payroll vouchers on a weekly basis.
- Communicate and assist vendor calls on a daily basis.
- Review & Investigate Brokerage Statements and other AP faxes.
- Code invoices and expense reports daily.
- Separate checks for distribution of mailing.
- Create new vendor files & labels.
- Prepares and distribute ACH payment details.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use his/her fingers
- The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear
- The employee is interchangeably required to sit, stand and walk
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Ability to communicate (read and write) effectively in a business environment
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear protective PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as instructed or necessary
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives direct supervision from the Accounts Payable Manager and indirect supervision from the VP of Finance and/or Controller. Does not exercise supervision over any position.
- Indoors office. Exposed to controlled temperature and office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.