Job Title: Transportation/Logistics Coordinator
Office Name: Main - Corporate
Address: 8001 NW 79th Ave
Postal Code: 33166
This position is responsible for the coordination of the utilization of 100 – 120 drivers, trucks and containers to create capacity, maximize productivity and ensure prompt, courteous and efficient service to all customers. This position coordinates with our Driver Compliance Division who ensures that the drivers are qualified based on regulations/requirements as directed by corresponding agencies (such as FMCSA, DOT, CFR49, OSHA). To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note applicants out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered.
- One (1) year of experience dispatching high volume of local/long haul trucking moves within the continental U.S.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Intermediate communication skills (verbal and written) in English.
- Intermediate to Advanced verbal communication skills in Spanish.
- Basic to Intermediate computer skills in programs such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to accurately process alpha/numeric information.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to meet and deal effectively with the customers, executives and the general public.
- Strong time management and organizational skills. Must be able to prioritize and be detail oriented.
- Ability to think logically and make sound decisions.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, multitask and function effectively under pressure and time constraints.
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays and/or weekends as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
- One (1) year of prior experience driving heavy commercial trucks.
- Demonstrate geographical knowledge of the US
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assigns drivers, draws up routes and handles pick-up and delivery schedule.
- Schedules, coordinates and dispatches deliveries, service calls and related activities.
- Work cooperatively with other departments to assist in planning for optimum productivity.
- Coordinates the movement of third party trucks and freight between cities.
- Communicate any delays or issues with appropriate company personnel via telephone and/or e-mail.
- Monitors activity and inputs information via an in-house software system as well as through other forms of communication.
- Respond to common inquiries relating to the areas assigned.
- Performs data entry for operational record keeping systems.
- Report driver performance issues or concerns to appropriate management for resolution.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- The employee is continuously required to sit
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- The employee must continuously use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear appropriate PPE as instructed by immediate supervisor
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives direct supervision from the V.P. of Specialized Services & Transportation. Does not exercise supervision over any position.
- Work is performed primarily in office, occasional exposure to vehicles; changing weather (temperature & humidity) and outdoor environments, while performing duties outside the office.
- The employee occasionally works near moving trucks
- The employee is occasionally exposed to dust, fumes, and airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.