Job Title: Warehouse Cargo Coordinator
Office Name: Main - Corporate
Address: 8001 NW 79th Ave
Postal Code: 33166
This position performs administrative functions and some warehouse functions that support the department, and provides assistance to the manager directly with general office functions. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applications out of the geographic region for this position will not be considered.
- Three (3) years of experience working in an administrative function.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Intermediate Computer skills (in programs such as MS Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Intermediate English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and be detail oriented.
- Ability to handle multiple phone lines.
- Ability to accurately process alpha/numeric information.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, multitask and possess strong initiative.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, vendors and fellow employees.
- Ability to think logically, follow procedures, instructions and make sound decisions.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment within established systems and procedures.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, extended hours, holidays, and/or weekends as needed.
- Knowledge of Hazardous Regulations, Bonded Cargo and Warehouse System.
- Experience in ocean transportation/shipping industry.
- Some college education.
- Experience in AS-400 and Power Point.
- Ability to prepare a variety of reports.
- Skills in composition and preparation of correspondence, minutes and other written materials with accuracy and reasonable speed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate releases, deliveries, cargo segregation and markings for either inbound or dispatch warehouse operations.
- Assist customers with requests, this include customers from foreign areas of service as are Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Complete the cargo consolidation process and book the corresponding containers to the vessel.
- Communicate directly with Stevedores in order to keep warehouse management aware of the cut-offs and vessel changes.
- Review and record different types of bond documents and follow US Customs Regulations and Company procedures as they relate to handling bonded cargoes.
- Gather, prepare and enter documents for Hazardous, bonded and regular cargo.
- Validate Hazardous information in the system.
- Interpret and apply IMDG and CFR regulations when accepting and refusing hazmat cargoes.
- Explain and prepare letters citing specific chapters and subchapters from the IMDG and CFR 49 to satisfy shippers’ inquiries.
- Check and confirm placards of hazardous containers against documents.
- Prepare and arrange list of overnight loads for dispatch.
- Prepare warehouse inventories and makes sure that inventory is closed only when all items are accounted for.
- Analyze damage claims from outports and traffic departments by gathering and providing documents and pictures to support or dismiss a claim.
- Download cameras from loaders and administrate digital filing of pictures.
- Prepare and submit purchase requests for supplies needed by the department and follows up to ensure that supplies ordered are received in a timely manner.
- Prepare reports requested by the department manager, where information may be obtained from a variety of sources.
- Assist Warehouse personnel in searching cargo and inventories.
- Assist in the receiving office.
- Maintains and updates departmental filing system for Bonded and Hazmat.
- Types letters and memoranda with supervisor’s guidance as well as proofreads documents for grammar edits, obtains necessary signatures and routes appropriately.
- Answers all incoming telephone calls for the department manager and relates messages as needed as well as directs calls and messages to the corresponding parties.
- Calls Facilities Management when service calls are needed for office machines and for building repairs as well as follows up ensuring issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their fingers
- The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear
- The employee is continuously required to sit
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk up to 2400 feet at times.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear protective PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as instructed or necessary
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Position receives direct supervision from the Warehouse Manager; provides assistance and training to other employees within the department in the performance of clerical and warehouse duties.
- Indoors office - Exposed to controlled temperature and office environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to high
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.